Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Heat Is On

Well, today was certainly a lot nicer outside than yesterday, but I guess summer is really here to stay (yeah!). Jeffro and I are going to our first outdoor summer party at the Old Dominion Boat Club this evening, and I'm psyched to be spending the evening outdoors. Jeffro, on the other hand, not so much. I'm the kind of person that on a day like this I want to be outside all day and he doesn't so that's hard for me sometimes. So I basically just ran a bunch of much-needed errands today instead of going to do something great outdoors. Blah.

Tomorrow we're having brunch with MJ and Computerguy and then we have dinner at my sister's to celebrate my nieces' birthdays--two of them this past week. Last night we had dinner at Ravi Kabob on Glebe Road in Arlington, which was excellent. It was Pakistani food, but it was just about identical to Indian and absolutely delicious. Then we went to Springfield Mall to pick up gifts for previously mentioned nieces. I haven't been down there since they redid the mixing bowl, and boy was I shocked. To get to the mall, you don't even have to get on 95S at all anymore, you are immediately separated from all of the insanity that used to be a near collision course. I was very impressed and shocked, since I didn't like the change they made for the exit for 395N being a left-handed exit to a right-handed exit. I figured they just f*cked the whole thing up, but I guess not.

2 comments:

jeffro said...

When it's high noon with direct sun and no wind, I'm not a fan - mornings and later in the afternoon when it's a bit cooler with a nice breeze is when I'm good to go! Remember, some of us are more sensitive to sunlight than others!

NOAAgirl said...

Man up Nancy! :)

Anyway, if you want to spend some time outside, we've got some deckwork you could help us with ;)