Saturday, August 18, 2007

Keith Urban Concert: Amazing!

Jeffro and I went to the Keith Urban concert last night at the Verizon Center. One word: amazing! He has obviously recovered well from his rehab problems earlier this year, and even made reference to that in the concert, thanking everyone for their support and especially his wife. He even dedicated a song to her.

His voice was excellent--no studio overproduction for Keith! What you hear on the CD is what you get live. His guitar playing was really complex, and the band was excellent too. They obviously have a lot of fun together. He played longer than scheduled, cause the crowd was so rowdy and fun. At one point he asked us to do the wave with our camera phones. My favorite song was "Tonight I Want to Cry" which he did solo, playing the piano. A couple of girls near me were in tears.

The craziest part of the whole show was the camerawork. Really high-tech stuff going on all night, projected on a huge screen behind the stage that really focused in on the guitar work and of course, Keith's face. As Jeffro said, he always knew where the camera was. The camera work was quite impressive.

And the best part about the whole show? Since they had all these cameras, and our seats were apparently behind one of the cameras, they upgraded us to sit literally four rows from the stage! It was awesome! I felt very lucky, and even got a couple of photos with my cell phone camera, so we'll have to see if those turn out--and if I can figure out how to download them. All in all, an amazing show with Keith at the top of his game! The Wreckers opened the show, and they were quite good too. That previously unknown Jessica Harp has a mighty powerful voice.

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

I guess you don't want to know that my Italian friend just "texted" me to let me know he was in Nashville tonight. He even knew it was the "home on country music." I was impressed.

CC said...

Cool! Nashville is a fun city, I've been a couple of times, so I'm not too jealous :)