Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm Back!

I didn't get a chance to make a post about this before I left, but I've been "away" all week at our annual conference. It was held in DC, so it was local, but due to the early morning staff meetings (5:30 am) and inevitable late night receptions, dinners, etc., the entire staff stayed on site. Thank God. Let me just say that I was dreading the whole experience, especially the 4:30 am wake-up calls, and I wasn't let down. It was an exhausting, excruciating, stressful week and I'm so thankful it's over. When I got home yesterday at noon, I plopped myself in front of the tv and didn't move all day, taking a couple of naps along the way. I feel much better today and have the day off tomorrow, so that will be good. I'm just hoping I don't catch whatever bug poor Jeffro--who had to deal with the dogs all week--was striken by. There were some funny conference moments, including a fun closing reception at Lucky Strike, but overall I'm glad the conference only happens once a year.

1 comment:

NOAAgirl said...

Yeah! Conference for you is over! Your survived! Conference for me starts tomorrow in Warrenton, VA. I have to be there by 10am - so yeah driving in rush hour traffic with my new stick!

Shoot me now!