Thursday, February 15, 2007

Update on my Sis

Where do I even start? I flew down this weekend to see my sister in FL, packing in about 5 mins to catch the next flight. We were worried that she wouldn't make it through the weekend because she was swollen with fluid, couldn't breathe, and they hadn't started chemo. They finally started chemo on Sat night, which helped the swelling some. Unfortunately, she kept filling up with fluid and now she has chest tubes on both sides to drain the fluid around her lungs cause she still couldn't breathe. She has a great nurse who is forcing her to eat to stay strong and she's started some physical therapy cause she can't get out of bed. She's doing much better, but has a long road ahead of her before she's well enough to transport back to VA, which is the ultimate goal. I spent the other half of the time I was there packing up her entire life. It's very sad.

I managed to get home yesterday amid the complete pandemonium of the ice and snow storms. My flight kept getting delayed, but somehow I had good traveling karma and managed to get on standby on another flight. I just couldn't believe my good fortune.

No comments: