Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Lovin' the Butterfly

I had a doc appt today--routine check for my thyroid issues--and they routinely draw gallons and gallons of blood, which I hate. Last time I went, the phlebotomist introduced me to the best medical invention--the butterfly syringe. It makes changing tubes much less painful, so I requested it again today. (Side note: a previous phlebotomist, who got fired for being a sadistic maniac, used to change the tubes so violently and shove the needle further into my arm that I thought it might come out the other side. I was very traumatized by the experience.)

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Hey! I had blood taken today too! DH and I both had physicals - and we both had to have blood drawn for the usual test.

Does that mean Jeffro was the only one without a drs appt today. Loser!

And I HATE needles and faint immediately upon seeing them.

jeffro said...

i feel so left out.