Monday, May 29, 2006

Do Point

This title is thanks to Jeffro. I finally reached my "do point" this weekend. I have so much crap to do, so much crap in my house that I want to clean up, fix up, etc. that I get sick of hearing myself say I don't have time to get things done. I am the biggest procrastinator, but somehow I finally reached a breaking point this weekend and did some major stuff to improve my house. Here is my list of things I accomplished this weekend.

1. Switched my summer/winter wardrobe, which led to the next item.

2. Packed up and delivered to Goodwill: 1/2 dozen bags of clothes, shoes, etc., and old TV, old printer. Goodwill wouldn't take my computer monitor, so I will have to go to plan B on that and hopefully I can find some organization to take it instead of throwing it away.

3. Made incredible headway on this terribly messy closet in my basement that is the bane of my existence. Actually, my entire basement might be the bane of my existence. So this is a huge step. My plan is to finish the closet by the end of the week, now that there is no more prime time TV for the summer.

4. Purchased and set up stereo in my living room: I got the gift certificate to purchase the stereo back in September. Yes, September.

5. Purchased, set up, and actually used a charcoal grill. I wanted this grill last year and never got around to buying it.

6. Purchased and planted flowers for my yard.

7. Went to the pool. I usually don't go until mid-summer, and I only go about twice a year. The pool opened this weekend and I was there!

8. Gave my smelly dogs baths.

Whew! That's a long list, I'm tired just thinking about it all. And this is in addition to some other regular stuff like grocery shopping, etc. But it felt good to actually make some progress on things that have been hanging over my head forever. Now to make sure I stick to my goal and get the basement in better shape by this weekend.

3 comments:

jeffro said...

zowie!

NOAAgirl said...

You grilled! Yeah!

CC said...

And charcoal, no less!