Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Things I Love (About Working)

As most people know, I am not overly fond of working. Things have been particularly bad at my job currently, and I'm actually worried about getting laid off. We'll see what happens with that. In the meantime, I'm going to occasionally post about "Things I Love."

1. I love finding errors in e-mails my boss has sent out without asking me to proof them first. She used to ask me frequently to proof things. Not so much anymore. So I just love getting to point out a big old error after something has already been sent and seeing the doh! reaction. (This one I'm serious about.)

2. I love when you do something one way, a new modern way, and your boss makes you do it over in a time-consuming, outdated fashion just because it’s “how we’ve always done it."

3. I love it when your boss assigns you something on a tight deadline that doesn’t really make sense for you to do—like pulling statistics when that’s not your responsibility or forte. Then when she doesn’t like how you did it cause you don’t really have the best access to the information, she asks someone else to do it over again and uses that data instead.

1 comment:

Funny Girl said...

Your being sarcastic..and I love it..No one is as good at as your are.