Sunday, May 03, 2009

Weekend Goes to the Dogs

As Funny Girl Goes Blog noted, I spent part of the weekend raising money to help A Forever-Home Rescue Foundation, an animal rescue organization that my neighbor is involved in. Our community had its annual spring yard sale yesterday, and a bunch of neighbors got together to donate "sellable" items, including me (yeah, cleaning out the basement!). Luckily Saturday didn't have much rain, so the turnout was great and sales were brisk. We made just over $300 (with the most expensive item being a $25 bike) in just 5 hours. It was a fun way to spend the day, visiting with neighbors and haggling over prices. At the end, even though we sold a ton of stuff, we still had a carload of items to donate to Goodwill and another carload going to a local church. It was a good day. I must say, though, that I missed NOAAgirl's presence at the yard sale this year :(

Today was completely rainy and gross but somehow that inspired me to cook. I'm making turkey burgers for dinner but a couple of other things too, and enjoying all of that creativity with a glass of Barefoot's new Pinot Noir. I bought key limes at the store and may even attempt a key lime pie! Pretty nice way to end the weekend.

2 comments:

Funny Girl said...

Key Lime Pie! Yum. Save me a slice.

CC said...

Didn't get to make it but I will before our dinner. That's what I originally was going to make it for!