Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend of Woes

This is probably more than you ever wanted to know about my life, but my poor dog Opie has developed an abcess in his anal gland and had to go to the emergency vet last night and stay overnight for some minor surgery to lance it. I picked him up this morning and he is one sorry dog. He keeps crying even though I took the Elizabethan collar off him, and he's following me around everywhere. His butt is a complete mess, as they left the site open and it's totally disgusting. I don't know how he's going to poop, it looks really painful! I have to go back and pick up some chewable pills, as he won't take what they originally gave us. I also have to apply a warm compress to his butt, which is going to be mighty interesting. The things we do for our pets. And poor me, this procedure and drugs cost me over $500. Sigh.

Then Jeffro hit a parked car here on the street on his way back from the grocery store. He said his brakes failed . . . the hood of his car is pretty much needing to be replaced, plus he said his radiator is leaking. The other car didn't have much damage and of course the owner can't be found right now. He's on the phone with insurance right now. (He was not was injured.) This has been one expensive weekend for both of us.

5 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Jeebus! I hope you all get through this weekend alright! Time to file those taxes and get those refunds!

Poor Opie! Henry gets his little butt glands clogged from time to time, then he scoots along the floor to get it out (sometimes leaving a pleasant streak behind.) I guess I'd better pay closer attention to his little butt now. That's just awful.

CC said...

Yes, it has not been a fun weekend. And I'm afraid to file taxes cause I'm afraid I might owe cause of my freelance stuff!

In any case, the tough thing about Opie was he didn't do the scooting thing . . . there was literally no warning. Sigh.

NOAAgirl said...

If what you paid in deductible mortgage interest is more or equal to your freelance earnings, you should be okay (or as long as they are in the same ballpark, you won't owe too badly).

Yikes! No warning with scoots! Crap... literally!

CC said...

Yeah, if I'd had any warning I would have had it taken care of before it got to this. He was literally fine one day, a little off the next, then Bam!

jeffro said...

good times all around!