Monday, July 30, 2007

Karaoke Queen

What a great party Saturday night! It was every bit as fun as I'd hoped it would be, with plenty of karaoke opportunities. I bailed out this terrible girl (who turned out to be Jeffro's hairdresser!) trying to sing Cher's If I Could Turn Back Time, sang a duet of Bon Jovi's Who Says You Can't Go Home, and sang Pat Benatar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot. A most fun time, once I got my courage up! There was a lot of great dance music in addition to the karaoke and some really great drinks, including a Captain Morgan Parrot's Bay bottled pineapple colada that was really good, if a bit sweet. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while, which was really nice.

The week started slow today, since I was running myself ragged all weekend. The good news is, I have a second phone interview with the company I talked to last week. Jeffro thinks all the phone interviewing is a little odd, but I don't really mind. I hate to waste my time going all the way out to MD for no reason. At least this way, I can sneak off during lunch hour and not have to make some excuse for being gone several hours in the afternoon. So we'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath, but I am excited to get a second interview.

And lastly, don't forget to watch Six Degrees of Martina McBride tonight at 9 pm ET on ABC! I'll be at my yoga class, but I intend to tape it!

No comments: