Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's a No

Well, I heard back from one of my job possibilities--the one I had two interviews with. The answer was no thank you. I was upset in a way because the job was 5 minutes from my house, I really liked the person who would have been my supervisor, and well, quite frankly I would rather have been the one to say no to them. So that really sucked and made me doubt myself now. Maybe yesterday's interview didn't go as well as I thought? But they did ask for my reference list, and today I did get a positive email back from one of the women I met with, so who knows. She "looked forward to talking with me more in the coming weeks." I have to say I am getting really sick of all this interviewing crap and just want a resolution in the way of gainful new employment.

Busy weekend ahead, looking forward to having tomorrow off even though I have to be at the allergist by 9. I think I have a phone interview, I might go visit my friend MJ who is working, and I have tons of errands to run, like buying birthday gifts for my niece and my mom. This weekend we're visiting friends on Saturday night for dinner and I have my first drum lesson in weeks on Sunday.

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

It's some ingrained socialized thing; people can't stand to be rejected. It makes us regress into our 6th grade selves, where we relive the painful experience of having the "cool kids" - or whatever group you wanted to be part of - reject you. Even if we know it wasn't the best fit, or that we wouldn't really have been happy,the rejection still stings.

God I hated middle school. Wow. I feel like I got a little too open there. :)

CC said...

Glad you got it off your chest! I did hear from a coworker afterwards that it wouldn't have been a good work environment. Why didn't he tell me that in the first place? Not that I would have believed him!