Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Country Gone Wild and Life in General

Well, I'm sure you've all heard the controversy over Monday night's CMA Awards, where Faith Hill was caught on tape getting mad that she didn't win--and rightly so. She should have won instead of first time out, undeserving, American Idol Barbie doll. But trying to play off that she was just joking instead of owning up to being human and being upset that she didn't win isn't flying with anyone . . . overall, the CMA awards were very disappointing. Brooks & Dunn won every friggin thing and I got so sick of seeing them at the end of the night. If you're up for 20 million awards, you shouldn't be the host. Isn't that a conflict of interest or something?

This week I have had two interviews, one that was just so-so and one today that was just phenomenal. If only I could get lucky enough to work for this company--provided the pay and benefits are right. They have a very laid back attitude, come in whenever you want, work through lunch if you want to leave earlier, work from home if you need to, whatever. I just love it. Most of the people have been there 5+ years, which can be a good or bad thing, but they seem open to new ideas and creativity. So keep your fingers crossed, as I had a very good vibe about them. Plus they are like 20-30 min commute.

Tonight I'm waiting for the next Lost episode to begin and will finally do a little much-needed housework. Just need to live through tomorrow then the long weekend begins!

4 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

Did Carrie Underwood win? I can't stand Faith Hill.

Anonymous said...

Long weekend? Wha? Lucky you if you get an extra day...

I'll be working at the NG Warehouse sale, Fri thru Sun. Come visit me! (ha.) I'm taking Monday to recover... oh, and pack. --mj

NOAAgirl said...

I saw the YouTube video of that moment, and it has to be one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I have ever seen. Hi. Lar. I. Ous. I could watch it over and over, and it would never not be funny!

Yeah for Veteran's Day Holiday! The one fringe benefit (for me) of working for the government!

CC said...

Yes, Carrie won but I can't quite stomach her and she certainly didn't deserve to win her first year out.