Monday, March 31, 2014

The Last Laugh: I Quit My Job & I'm Shaking Things Up

I finally resigned today. These past 3 weeks at work have been *so* miserable. My boss has been on a rampage to kick my and my employees' asses. Seriously, last Thursday after a meeting I thought all 3 of us would walk out. An opportunity presented itself recently and while it's a bit risky--consulting--it's a calculated risk. I am making enough money to cover me through the summer, buying time to figure out if I want to fully take the plunge and start my own consulting business, or look for another job. If the latter, I have the time and freedom to look for a job while I have a more flexible schedule for the summer. Work from the pool!

The last 3 weeks have also sucked cause I got rear-ended in my 16-year-old car. For me, that was the last straw. I loved that car, but I have put a lot of money into it recently and just couldn't do more. Long story short, I traded it in this weekend for a brand new car while I still had the employment history to get a loan. We had finally gotten a bonus at work, so I used that as a down payment to bring my payments down to a reasonable level since I knew I was leaving a steady income.

So I have done a lot of scheming and preparing for all of this and I feel fairly confident that I have thought through things pretty well. I have given my accountant and financial planner the head's up and have some ideas of things I can do to set up a nest egg in case things get tight. I cannot wait to soon be free. Everyone at work today said I looked like a huge weight had been lifted. Can't wait until my 2 weeks are up!

2 comments:

LRJ~ said...

Cool ! Good luck !

song wang said...

the Shuraydas of Tubna, Cheap Jordan Shoes, who by the 1860s could field 500 armed men (and women) in the al-Kura region further north. Both families had served as local tax collectors for various distant Ottoman governors in Damascus in the 19th century. By and large, shaykhs like the Furayhats and Shuraydas did not always feel the need to amass large personal estates for themselves at this time. Control over economic surplus was what mattered, not titular rights to ownership. Since shqykhs were able to use their position to expropriate tribute payments in the form of grain and animals from their protegees, they saw no need to rely solely upon personal agricultural exploitation for survival. In turn, these settled shaykhs were still sometimes subject to extortions from even more powerful bedouin tribes like the 'Adwan and Bam Sakhr. http://www.newjordanstrade.com