Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I Love Telemarketers

I have a secret admirer, named Unavailable. Unavailable calls me at least once a day, from different numbers. Oh they're so sly, trying to trick me and keep me from guessing who they might be. I think about calling them back, but then think, no, if they can't bother to leave a message, I can't bother to call back. Why won't you show yourself to me? Oh, if only caller ID showed who you really were, perhaps I would actually pick up one day. (Moral for charities: Let people know you are calling and perhaps you will get a better response.)

1 comment:

LRJ~ said...

They don't leave an annoying robo-message? The pre-recorded one that tells who they are? I guess they figure you'll they'll catch you sometime so they can sell you something. Here's my favorite telemarketer scene from a movie.
http://youtu.be/sW-PHukzdgM