Monday, October 19, 2009

Call from the Angels

I had the most exciting call today. I was in the middle of vacuuming and had just cut my finger. I was rinsing it and putting a bandaid on, cursing a lot, when the phone rang. Highly annoyed, I picked it up and was greeted by an unfamiliar British voice. I immediately was annoyed and asked impatiently who was on the line. It turns out it was one of the founders of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary! I had recently become a member and donated money, and actually went out there in July to visit. He was calling to thank me for my donation. We had a very lovely conversation about my pets and his, and he told me next time I'm out there I should ask for him as he's frequently around.

It was the nicest, most uplifting call. He was so appreciative of my efforts, when he's the one who started this amazing place that has saved thousands upon thousands of animals. Amazing. I got off the phone and just started crying because I was so touched. I'd heard rumors that the founders made calls like this, but I didn't quite believe it. What an amazing group of people!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Very cool!