Sunday, March 08, 2009

RIP Pepper

Last night I had to rush to the vet emergency room in the middle of the night. My 15-year old dog, Pepper, who has been sick with kidney disease for a year, seemed to have had a stroke or something and could no longer move. So I knew, unfortunately, the time had come.

I loved this dog like a best friend. She's been with me for most of my adult life, having moved to AZ and back with me. We had lots of adventures and she's seen me through thick and thin. The house seems so quiet already without her. I will miss her always and never forget how much she meant to me. RIP, Pepper, August 18, 1993 - March 8, 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{hug!} I'm sorry for your loss.

MJ said...

Again, CC, so sorry to hear the news, but I'm so happy to have known sweet Pepper for as long as I have--at least 10 years, I think, right? She reminded me a lot of my first dog, Muffin (same coloring and size).

But there's Opie! I hope he's doing ok without his buddy. See you soon. xoxo

Patricia Villamil said...

I am sorry to hear about Pepper, I coincidently clicked on your blog from dcblogs.com but guess it was meant to be: i have a 14-year old dog who is going through the same thing, kidney disease. I hope her end is a quieter and painless one. That's all you can hope for right? Best to you.