Sunday, January 04, 2009

Les Mis at Signature Theatre

For Christmas, I gave Jeffro tickets to his favorite musical Les Mis, playing at local Signature Theatre. I've seen this once before at National Theater, and must say I was less than impressed. So I was not looking forward to seeing it again. I have to say, this was quite an impressive performance and I really recommend going to see this before it leaves February 22. The seats were practically--and quite literally--almost on top of the stage. People would come running out right next to you, sing next to you, etc. It was almost like you were a part of the show. The actors were excellent--I can't imagine how they stayed in character having the audience so close. The singing by the men was excellent and sadly outshined the women (though I loved Fontine, Eponine, and Mrs. T).

No comments: