Friday, November 09, 2007

An Interesting Week

I laughed, I cried . . .

This Wednesday was the annual CMAs, and I have to say it was a pretty good show, except for Martina McBride not getting a much-deserved award for either song or single of the year.

I got a $1,000 bonus (sadly, the largest bonus I've ever gotten) and a 5% raise this week, so that was some good news.

Bad news . . . I had a doc appointment and that didn't go so well. Last time I went she was concerned about my blood pressure. Apparently this time was much better, but we discovered a potential new problem--short pr syndrome. One of the associated risks is sudden cardiac death. Boy does that sound like a good time.

Jeffro and I tried to buy tickets during the presale for Bon Jovi/Christ Daughtry, but those bastards were putting us in nosebleed seats for $65, so we might wait till tomorrow's regular sale or scalp the night of. We'll have to see. Boy does that piss me off.

So now I'm having some wine and that's fun.

3 comments:

jeffro said...

Oh, you know Martina's "Anyway" was a sub-par effort that wasn't up to standards of "Before He Cheats!"

NOAAgirl said...

Hooray for the bonus! Under the government's new pay system I am supposed to find out next week if I get a bonus! After all these additional hours I've been working, I hope it covers at least part of our Henry-drama!

CC said...

To Jeffro--so's your face!

To noaagirl, thanks! A good deal of mine will go toward my dog too, don't worry! I can't imagine how much money I'd have if I didn't have my problematic dog.