Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Working from Home

I'm working from home today for several reasons: One: it's quiet at work this week so I'm trying to play catch up on projects that have been hanging over my head. There is one in particular that requires a lot of writing that I can't seem to finish in the office, no matter how quiet. Two: I just needed a day to sleep a little later than usual. Three: because I can! I'm not sure about the productivity of the day, when it looks something like the scenario below. However, I am just about done with my project, so I guess that's what counts.

Me: Sitting at computer, minding my business, doing work
Dog: Comes up and bumps wet nose against arm, causing typos
Me: Tell dog, “no, go lie down”
Dog: Goes away for 5 minutes
Dog: Comes and stands under desk, looks up at me and wags its tail, “can we go out yet?”
Me: Tell dog, “no, not yet”
Dog: Goes away for 5 minutes
Dog: Comes up and presses wet, slobbery toy against my leg, “can we play?”
Me: Tell dog, “no, I’m working”


Repeat pattern for the next 7.5 hours. . . .

No comments: