Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend Update

Wow, it was a crazy one. Went to see Niki Barr at Iota last night. A good show, but way too loud thanks to the sound guy. During the day I went shopping with my sister at Tysons, a very productive and much-needed trip. My sister, who has 6 children age 10 and younger, hasn't bought new clothes probably since her first pregancy. We dropped a ton of money at Gap and Hecht's.

Saturday I spent the day at Green Spring Gardens Park and Home Depot, buying plants for my barren backyard. Bought a few things, only to have their hardiness tested by the storms on Saturday night.

Friday night was a show at the Birchmere, Kathleen Edwards. She was awesome, every bit as good as she sounds on her CD, plus we got to meet her afterwards and get her autograph. She was surprised at the turnout there, despite the fact that she's rapidly gaining popularity, and had her video has played on CMT. She was incredibly humble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you were there, too! wasn't it cool? i had her sign my chest!