Friday, March 15, 2013

Decisions

I have had to make some big decisions lately, and I am really struggling with them. I can't seem to make a decision when there is no clear-cut choice. I have always been able to see too many sides of the story, too many "what ifs." It drives me crazy. And my boss--got called out for this on my review. So there must be something to it. The decisions I've had to make recently:

1. Which new employee to hire? Two great candidates, just one slot. Both very different. I did finally make a decision but was I happy with it? No. I was glad to make a decision, and hopefully I will be happy once she starts, but bummer about the other person.

2. What to do with my dog? I have scheduled surgery, and also have a holistic vet coming. There are too many tough choices, and I don't want to do anything that will make the rest of my dog's life worse.

3. Should I join a colleague in business? It's kind of one of those pyramid things but with a reputable company and chance for real profit. There's not much risk to joining, but it would take a lot of effort. Do I have the energy though I need the money?

Why do I have such a hard time making decisions? For me, the grass has always been greener, and that's a tough way to look at the world.

No comments: