Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Corroborating Witness

Today I was a court witness, or as they called it "corroborating witness" for the first time in my life for a friend going through a divorce. She is a great friend and I had promised her I would do it, and what a weird experience. The "judge" grilled me more than I thought she would. Her husband was also there, and while it was great to see him, as we were always friends and the divorce is an amicable one, it was also bittersweet and signified the true ending of an era. A bunch of us used to always do things together and those are truly some of my favorite recent memories. I really miss those times and sit here tonight reflecting on life and how much things change, whether or not you really want them to. You have to just keep moving on and persevere, but sometimes it's hard to know what to do with all the sadness and loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post - divorce is hard enough, but the court experience is the hardest. Pours salt on the worst of wounds, & sooo awkward for mutual friends who are witnesses. Not like on soaps where they get a piece of paper from Mexico & it's over. #WorstDayofMyLife