Sunday, October 23, 2011

Estate Sale Finds

I went to an estate sale today and bought a couple of really cool things. Usually at an estate sale you don't find many good electronics, but apparently this person did a lot of stuff with computers and there were a lot of electronics to unload. I wish I'd gone earlier in the day as I'm in the market for a new PC and laptop, and apparently there were many of those to be had. But I did get a large, very nice flat screen monitor for just $25. You can't beat that.

Other items I purchased included an old-school phone that doesn't require power to work, for those rare times when the power goes off; a nice crystal candy/nut bowl, as I was just looking for one last week when I had guests over; and a copy of The Breakfast Club for $2. Nice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom and I go yardsaling on Saturday mornings when I'm back home. I always like looking through all the things people don't want anymore. Sometimes you can find some really neat stuff, like an antique coffee percolator that really works! Sounds like you had some good finds, too.

CC said...

@Danger, yes I did and have in the past before. I once got a boomerang. Who on earth has a real boomerang? It is a prized possession now.

petc763 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.