Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Person Who Cares

I was walking my dogs tonight (what a gorgeous night!) and just up ahead this guy was walking towards another dog owner. The guy was walking very quickly. The woman had a small pug on a leash, and was trying to get out of this guy's way. She was standing on a hill, and in trying to avoid this guy, she slipped and fell down the hill in her sundress. The guy didn't blink an eye, just kept barrelling past. Didn't say "are you ok?" or "sorry about that" or anything. She was looking at him like WTF and I approached and said I couldn't believe that he didn't even acknowledge how rude he was by just about knocking her off the sidewalk. I said that I was sorry he was such a jerk and that most people these days just don't care and she agreed. Then she said "A lot of people don't care, but I'd rather be a person who cares." I thought that was such a great sentiment I had to put the story up here. I'm glad too that I'm a person who cares. Well, I try to be anyway ;)

No comments: