Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rude or Not Rude? You Decide

I'm invited to a family wedding next month, and received the invitation a few weeks back. The RSVP date is March 31, next week. I have been really busy and haven't had time to send the RSVP back, but this week, my cousin e-mails a bunch of us who haven't RSVP'd yet reminding us that we have only 8 days to reply!

Call me crazy and old fashioned, but I thought that:

1. I had until March 31 to reply.
2. Since the invitation was a formal printed invitation, a follow up e-mail seemed a little gauche.

My sisters were offended and wrote back nasty replies. The next day I mailed my invitation and didn't reply cause it seemed like it had been addressed by my sisters. However, today I got YET ANOTHER e-mail reminder. And boy, I let my cousin have it!! Cause I mailed the friggin RSVP already, and it's only been a few days so the RSVP couldn't have gotten there yet.

So I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this? Is it tacky as hell to ask for an RSVP before the RSVP is due? And to ask by e-mail? And twice in one week? Curious minds want to know. I'm just furious about the whole thing and have half a mind not to even show up now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to get nasty. Just email your cousin your RSVP and be done with it. And then re-purpose the stamped envelope for your own needs. Voila! You're up the price of a postage stamp, courtesy of your cousin.

Funny Girl said...

In today's techie, fast paced, and instant world this would not seem rude, but for those of us who grew up in the day of snail mail it is way rude.

How old is your cousin? Take it with a grain of salt as to how old he is. If he was born after 1985 you give it a pass, before 85, no pass.