Sunday, August 02, 2009

Kora . . . Italian by Morou Is Open!

Morou, my favorite local chef whose wonderful restaurant Farrah Olivia recently closed, has just opened Kora, an Italian restaurant/bar/lounge in Crystal City. This restaurant features cuisine by his brother Amadou Outtara. I can't wait to check it out! Make your reservation at Open Table. I'm pretty psyched, especially for the $20 Prix Fixe 3-course brunch! Morou, we're so glad you're back! (Don't forget everyone, DC Restaurant Week is August 24-30, featuring $35.09 fixed price dinners and $20.09 fixed price lunches, though Kora unfortunately does not seem to be participating.)

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Wow, I just looked over the menu and I... am not impressed. It doesn't look any more sophisticated then the menu at a Buca di Beppo. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the dishes are executed to perfection, but I'm really disappointed in how, well, ordinary the offerings are. I thought the Farrah Olivia menu was much, much more imaginative and impressive.

CC said...

You'll just have to come back here to see!