Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pumpkin Martini

Jeffro and I met one of my old friends at Ella's Pizza in DC today for lunch, and they had a pumpkin martini on the menu, so I just had to try it. I have to say this was my first martini lunch ever and boy was it delicious. I figured they make pumpkin latte, so why not pumpkin martini? It was very smooth and almost like having a dessert--the glass was rimmed with cinnamon.

I looked up the recipe for pumpkin martinis, and here's a recipe for it, although I have to say mine did not have the whipped cream, which was fine with me as it probably wouldn't go too well with pizza!

1/2 oz Sylk Cream Liqueur
2 oz vanilla vodka
1/2 oz pumpkin liqueur or pumpkin spice syrup
1 tsp whipped cream
cinnamon stick for garnish

Pour the Sylk Liqueur and vodka into a shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Add the pumpkin liqueur or syrup. Shake again. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Top with a teaspoon of whipped cream. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

No comments: